Healthy Vegan Apple Crisp!
I LOVE to look for healthy recipes and turn it into special meals that are SUPER HEALTHY and good for you!
This recipes was used with no butter (Mainly because I didn't have any) and VERY little oil. Now that I have been working out with TAPOUT XT, I have lost weight, 11 lbs in two weeks to be exact!
When I discovered this I've been VERY motivated to continue to keep the weight off and tone as much as I can!
Here is a video of me explaining more in details...
So on with the recipe...
Before I started to change my eating habits, I LOVE apple cobbler or apple crisp (To me it's the same thing) and would eat it, every time it was offered to me or I seen it on sale at the grocery store!
I used what was in my kitchen and my crock pot, I didn't want to go out and get anything from the grocery. Another reason I wanted to try this crisp, because even though I'm changing my eating habits, I sometimes get those sugar cravings and eating a donut will not work for me, So I wanted to try something that would not make me bloated or hurt my progress in any way and is VERY yummy!
- 4 large tart apples (I used regular apples)
- 3/4 cup sugar (I used stevia and honey, you can also use raw sugar, brown sugar or maple syrup)
- 1 1/2 cup flour (I used Oat flour, you can use whatever you have on hand)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, apple spice and ginger (2x) One with the apples and the other in flour mixture!
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (used instant oatmeal with flaxseed, you can use whatever you have on hand)
- 1 Banana, smashed (I used this instead of margarine)
- Sprinkle unsweetened coconut flakes (Optional)
- Pinch of Salt
- Crock Pot (small one, if you have large use more apples!)
- Chop large apples and Combine in a separate bowl, in this bowl you will add the 1/2 cup of flour, stevia, honey or sugar, all spice, ginger and cinnamon.
- Spray Lightly with olive oil cooking spray in the crockpot and lay the apple slice mixture at the bottom of the crock.
- In a separate bowl, Combine the sugar, pinch of salt, 1 cup of flour, rolled oats, all spice, ginger and cinnamon, smashed banana, and add in the coconut oil on top of the flour mixture.
- Sprinkle the topping over the base of apples, add a Sprinkle of unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
- Cook on high or auto for 1-2 hours.
- When done to your taste, add all natural TruWhip (<--- Click HERE for more info on TruWhip) to the apple crisp and ENJOY this dessert guilt FREE!